Heart disease and stroke are the first- and fourth-leading causes of death, respectively, in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The goal of the Million Hearts initiative, established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes by the year 2022.
To address these issues, the Cardiovascular Health and Million Hearts Network is convening an online community of patients, caregivers, physicians and physician practices, health care professionals and community stakeholders to identify and implement solutions to improve cardiac health throughout our region.
Our consultants work with network members to facilitate improvements, assist providers to submit Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) cardiovascular measures, and home health agencies to report cardiovascular measures through the Home Health Cardiovascular Data Registry.
Our consultants also assist network members with data analysis and improving performance on the following:
- Aspirin therapy
- Blood pressure management
- Cholesterol management
- Smoking assessment and cessation counseling
Our network members receive:
- An inclusive “all participate, all learn” collaborative with peers
- Structured exchanges of information in live, web-based and online formats
- Free educational opportunities, including conferences and webinars
- Practical insight on the complexities of adapting interventions
- Positive reinforcement of participants’ contributions gleaned from field experience and innovations
- A relentless focus and discovery of innovative solutions promoting value for the participants and practice.
Download this fact sheet (PDF) and view these videos to learn more about how you or your organization will benefit from joining the Cardiovascular Health and Million Hearts Network.