Through the Value-Based Improvement and Outcomes Network, our consultants work with certain health care settings and eligible providers to provide technical assistance to improve quality of care and help them better understand and continue to meet the goals of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) hospital and physician value-based payment and quality reporting programs, Physician Feedback Reporting Program and use of the quality and cost measure information contained in the confidential quality and resource use reports (QRURs).
Participating Physicians and Practitioners
Our consultants work with eligible physicians, physician groups and other health care practitioners to prepare them to meet the requirements of the CMS Value-Based Payment Modifier program in which a publically reportable performance, as displayed on CMS’ Physician Compare website, determines payments by incorporating quality measures and cost of care data. We assist these providers to report via the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) and the value-based payment modifier/Physician Feedback program.
Participating Health Care Settings, including Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities and Ambulatory Surgery Centers
We also work with inpatient psychiatric facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, acute care and critical access hospitals, inpatient and outpatient hospital departments and Prospective Payment System-exempt Cancer Hospitals who are members of our network to meet or exceed national reporting requirements for the Inpatient and Outpatient Quality Reporting Programs and the Hospital Value-Based Payment Program (HVBP). Public reporting of quality measures and value-based payment performance data on the CMS Hospital Compare website will remain an essential component of HVBP and CMS’ other quality reporting programs.
By joining our network you or your organization will receive:
- Technical assistance using feedback reports (QRURs) to reach goals and benchmarks set by CMS and assistance with PQRS reporting measures, analysis and submission by any method, including credit for a single data submission
- Education and technical assistance regarding the Hospital VBP and Value-Based Payment Modifier and understand the relationships between PQRS and other programs that affect providers
- Consultation in identifying gaps in quality care including disparity and coordination of care utilizing methods, strategies and interventions to improve quality metrics that demonstrate improvement
- Structured exchanges of information in live, web-based and online formats
- Free educational opportunities including conferences and webinars
- Positive reinforcement of your contributions gleaned from field experience and innovations
- A relentless focus from our consultants on finding new ways to help and create value for you and your organization
Download this fact sheet (PDF) and view these videos to learn more about how you or your organization will benefit from joining the Value-Based Improvement and Outcomes Network.